Yes. KX can be used on CPT codes as well as HCPCS codes.
We have to report it when billing diabetic shoes to DMERC.
Specifically for our diabetic shoes billing, reporting the KX modifier implies there is documenation in the patient's chart such as a signed statement from the referring provider who manages the patient's systemic disease...among other info.
I'd check the LCD either on Medicare's website or CMS...for the CPT code you are billing to verify if a KX would be required (& then what is required in the patient's chart by reporting the KX).
Hope this helps some...
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join