I suggest you bill a new pt level 3 office visit, seeing as he was sent to the hospital the same day you would do an injury code since the hospital will have the fx code unless you know he will be returning for more rechecks. You can not do a fx code since you have not applied a cast, I know you stated you did but if it was taken off or not finished then you'll have to wait until he comes back into the office if you will do follow up care.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join