If you are using 1997 guidelines you must document at least 3 vital signs to get ONE bullet point. You can document ANY three of the following seven:
1) sitting OR standing BP
2) supine BP
3) pulse rate and regularity
Vitals may be measured/recorded by ancillary staff
If you are using 1995 guidelines, you can document any ONE of the above and get credit for constitutional. OR you can just say "NAD" and get credit for constitutional system exam.
Hope that helps.
F Tessa Bartels, CPC, CEMC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join