No. NP and PA's may be billable according to state law.
North Carolina Medicaid’s Use of CPT Consultation Codes
Effective January 1, 2010, CMS eliminated the use of all consultation CPT procedure codes. This includes inpatient codes (99251 through 99255) and office/outpatient codes (99241 through 99245) for applicable places of
service. At this time, the N.C. Medicaid Program will not change the way it reimburses for consultation services. However, when billing for consultation services provided to dually eligible recipients, providers should bill according to Medicare’s requirements.
Former Medicare guidelines allowed NP and PA's to conduct consultations if it was within their scope of practice/state law.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join