Did your dr do the C/Sx? Why was the dr called for consultation? If your dr was called in to deliver the baby, bill for the delivery since she was over 22wks. If your dr was called to confirm fetal demise, then bill the consultation code for fetal demise. Dx would be 656.4X and V27.1 for delivery. You would not use V27.1 if you're billing for consultation. Just the 656.xx code. Check out that series to see which applies for you. The delivery would be 59510 -59515, which ever applies to your situation.
Hope that helps.
Kathy Atkinson, CPC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join