Hi, I would think your dr's could bill for the newborn care with the delivery. My dr's are OB and we don't do newborn care, so I'm not positive on that, but I can't think why they couldn't since Csx is mom and they'll have to "care" for the fetal demise as well and that would be the baby. I am curious as to why the assist on the Csx. My dr's have never used an assistant on fetal demise or even twin live birth. Just so long as you show med nec in your coding.
Hope it works out for you.
Nice talking with you.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join