I've tried to educate my docs to say " complete review of systems was negative apart from the pertinent positives noted in the HPI" if they have done a complete review. One of them will do some system reviews and say "rest of system review essentially negative" which is not accurate enough because you don't know how many were reviewed. I think your docs need to be more precise because ambiguity doesn't work in an audit.
To my mind, the best ros is one where they do headers in the same way they do in the patient exam, then you know exactly how many are reviewed.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join