That is a million dollar question. The Dr considers this an additional after basic exam hince 75774, but that can only be argued if he clearly documents both (basic and additional) injection procedures.
However, the full definition of 75774 says " angiography, selective, additional after basic..." This is not an "angiography" but a "venography". The definition is important. I do not code additional after basic venographies for this reason.
Personally, I would like to see the powers that be change the definition to something like Angiography/Venograpy, selective, additional after basic, or add a code (maybe 75899) for an additional venography.
IMO, I think you need to decide if you should code this, and be consistent whatever you decide.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join