AAPC - Back to school

Thread: Practice management book(s)

Central Mississippi

Default Practice management book(s)

AAPC: Back to School
    I have recently gone from coder to practice manager, and I love the challenge. I purchased the book "Medical Practice Management System" by Linda Nadeau and it has been an invaluable source of knowledge. It has been recommended that I get the book "Secrets of the Best Run Practices" by Judy Capco.

Just wondering if anyone out there may have a copy they no longer need. I would like to purchase it. The cheapest price I have found for it online is $49.00. If I could get it for $30.00 including s&h, I would really be appreciative.

Nancy, Congratulations on your new position. Your post got my attention because I am currently trying to decide if I should take a "secure" coding position or accept a position as a practice manager. What finally helped make your decision?
    - Jill

Salt Lake Chapter

I don't have a copy of the book you are looking for, but I've heard of it. Another really good one is "Physician billing process: avoiding potholes in the road to getting paid". It is published by MGMA and it more expensive, but so worth every penny.
    Michelle Suitor, CPC, CEC
    PM Billing & Consulting, LLC
    Past President Salt Lake Chapter

The Unfiltered Guide to Medical Office Management by Don Self. Full of information and funny. I loved it.
    Tammy Hughes, CPC
    Practice Manager
    Richard M. Goddard, M.D
    Grass Valley CA