Please suggest me an appropriate ICD code for preterm contractions in a 32 -36wks pregnant female.
We have 621.8 for non-pregnant female and 661.X series for any abnormality in uterine contractions during pregnancy.
But I need a code for normal uterine contractions and the patient is taken to L & D for delivery. I have no other code except for 646.83 with any other chief complaint if documented in the record.
- Medical Coding
- Medical Billing
- Practice Management
- Exam Preparation
- Other Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Software / Digital
- Code Lookup (AAPC Coder)
- Virtual Coding Experience (Practicode)
- E/M Analyzer
- CPT RVU Calculator
- Health Plan Search (Provider Policies)
- Log In / Join