Could this work?
.....At the same CPT meeting, the vignette for placement of a bone allograft (code 20931) was reviewed. This procedure described the physician work of measuring the defect size with calipers or a trial, fashioning the bone allograft for appropriate shape and size, and then examining the graft for appropriate fit after placement. Placement of the graft was described using arthrodesis codes. Subsequent development of machined allografts created a dilemma for neurosurgeons. Although code 22851 was intended for application of prosthetic devices, it now included the example of a threaded bone dowel. However, the threaded bone dowel is "an exception" to prosthetic device usage. In contrast, the measurement and fitting of all nonthreaded machined bone should be described using category I code 20931.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join