If it is only labs and x-rays, then no -25 modifier is necessary. CT scans and EKG's are a different story. If they have a status of "S", then the -25 is necessary.
If a CPT procedure has been coded along with an E/M (Evaluation and Management) code:
IF the status indicator is S or T and IF this is a significant, separately identifiable E/M service by the same physician on the same day, then modifier -25 should be added to the E/M code.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join