Yup, that's right, but if the lysis and/or drainage added a significant amount of time or difficulty to the procedure, you can bill it with a modifier -22.
Per the NHIC Part B Resource (March 2005, pg 120) â€“ â€ślysis of adhesions that requires greater than one hour would be considered outside the range for expected difficultyâ€ť
Modifier -22 article: http://www.medicarenhic.com/provider...mod22_0308.pdf
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join