AAPC - Back to school

Thread: Physician visit in another clinic - how to bill visits

Default Physician visit in another clinic - how to bill visits

AAPC: Back to School
    I need help on how to bill. The "other clinic" is a Cancer Center and our NP or Physician will go to this clinic and perform a regular office visit on Pain Management if called. These patients are in the Cancer Center for a regular appt. and our physician is also called to go see them. I need advice on the billing process: What is the POS and what E&M codes are used? Is it a regular POS of 11 and the usual and standard E&M codes (99203, 99213, etc.)?

Thank you

Columbia, MO

If the cancer center is an outpatient facility then it is a 22 POS with a 99201-99215 ov code.

Debra A. Mitchell, MSPH, CPC-H

It is a part of the hospital as a outpatient clinic so the POS 22 would be correct with the E&M codes. That makes sense. Can I ask another question of you? We also have our NP/Physician go to a Hospice facility that is not related to the hospital for visits and separate SNF's too. Do I use POS 31 or 32 with what specific group of CPT codes? I really appreciate your help! Thanks so much!

Similar Threads

1. Outpatient Clinic Visits
    By alopiccolo in forum Outpatient Facilities
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-09-2016, 03:29 PM
  2. Physician visits outside of clinic
    By Cpeterson2010 in forum Medical Coding General Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-27-2010, 09:42 PM
  3. clinic visits
    By rross in forum Modifiers
    Replies: 2