Your Physician performed the E&M service and can code/bill for each service he provided. Physician needs to have strong documentation for each of these pre-op visits. It is irrelevant that the patient has chosen to cancel each. No surgery, no global period
You also might look at the V64 code range and code/bill for each service provided and use the V64.2 as secondary to help explain why the multiple pre-op visits
Of course, your physician may not want to bill as a practice/business decision. So everyone needs to agree (before any billing is sent out) on how to handle this and inform the patient that she will be charged for each of these visits.
V64.1 Surgical or other procedure not carried out because of contraindication
V64.2 Surgical or other procedure not carried out because of patient's decision
V64.3 Procedure not carried out for other reasons
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join