I work in a pediatric office and have a question regarding vision screening, CPT 99173. My question is if the screening is attempted but not successful due to developmental delay, etc., should I report with Modifier 52? NC Medicaid requires that we bill this as a required component of well child checks, even though they do not reimburse. We had a nurse attend a class where they said adamantly if can't be completed, do not bill at all.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join