Hi, I was wondering if anyone else is having problems with the 99173 when billed with a well exam. I went to a doctors coding conference where they said this is payable and should be billed with a mod-25 on the visit. I have been doing this and get one of these three things:
Denied, pt has no vision screening coverage in policy, pt responsibility or
Denied, cannot be billed along with a well visit.
I am truly confused here. AND, I get all of the above from the same company! How can it be all of them? Can I appeal if it is the third reason?
I hope someone can shed some light on this for me.
Thanks so much
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join