When a LCD has been moved to the 'retired' list, only those services submitted for dates the policy was active can be denied based on not meeting the LCD requirements. When LCDs are retired, the services are still covered and any related NCDs or coverage listed in the Internet Only Manual will continue to apply. Although a policy may be retired, services must still be 'medically reasonable and necessary.' The medical necessity for services provided must still be documented in the medical record.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join