Check your MAC/carrier's website. There are LCDs for these codes.
Check especially the OCT code 92135. Usually OCTs and fundus photos are bundled, at least for Medicare. Other payers may not have a bundle but they could have utilization parameters and diagnosis limits.
If you have a bundling payer (Medicare), you can unbundle with mod 59 but be VERY CAREFUL. Make sure you have good documentation for medical necessity.
Most payers are getting very strict about how and when they pay for OCT.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join