Are you asking about a 99211 for the phone call or for a nurse office visit?
No, you can't code for a 99211 for the pill-count phone calls. There are E&M codes for nurse phone calls. Check out the codes 98966, 98967, 98968 and see if they apply to what you are doing and documenting
For the in-office eval and RX refill, yes, you can code a 99211 (only if the patient is not also seeing the physician the same day). Document the patient status (history, ROS), vitals, current dose and if any change in dose or any non-compliance.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join