I too have found myself having to audit E/M visits for various specialties and hospitalists in my new position. I have accessed the E/M guidelines from CMS or your local Medicare which is very helpful. Also, Highmark, our MAC has webinars which are helpful as a refresher course.
The other resource I have used which is very helpful is emuniversity.com. This site has alot of E/M info and also a free Basic E/M course you can take. I have not taken it yet - I am waiting until June 1 so that I can use the CEU toward my next 2 year period, but I find that the weekly coding examples are quite helpful. He does alot of coding using the 97 guidelines (I have always used the 95 guidelines and have a hard time with the 97 guidelines.)
Hope this helps. Good luck!
Jodi Dibble, CPC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join