For #1: It appears the snare and APC intervention are on the same polyp/lesion. CCI edits bundle 45385 into 45383 and the 59 modifier is not appropriate to unbundle the edit since it is the same polyp. The tattooing may be billed with 45381. Claim should be billed as 45383, 45381.
For #2: This, as well, appears as if the interventions were on the same polyp/lesion. The intent of the injection was to control bleeding (45382) which is bundled into the APC code 45383. Control of bleeding during the same procedural session is not billable, but this is a different procedural session. Claim should be billed as 45383, 45380.
See the CMS NCCI edits at: http://www.cms.gov/NationalCorrectCo...tNumPerPage=10
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join