You didn't say what specialty you are. But what's the CC (chief Compaint)? F/up of what? A chronic conditon?
Then the CC needs to state "pt here for f/up of chronic #1 and chronic #2. The HPI is built around giving a status of these two chronic conditions ie how's the patient doing, any complaints over the last year, current meds, any testing been done etc. The E&M level would be based on HPI/exam/MDM
If you are saying this is just a 1 year annual with no complaints and no chronics and the patient is there just simply because he was told "to come back in a year" then you are looking at a preventive visit
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join