I know the code for a palpable breast mass excision is 19120 but what is the code for a non-palpable breast mass excision???
the OP states...
The patient placed supine on the operating table and received intervenous sedation. Ultrasound was performed with identification of the left 2 oâ€™clock mass 3 cm from the nipple.
An #18 gauge needle was placed through this lesion. The deeper nonpalpable lesion located at 2 oâ€™clock was also located with ultrasound and a #18 gauge needle was placed through it. Finally, the 4 oâ€™clock lesion at the lateral edge of breast was identified, and a #18 gauge needle was placed through it. Photos were documented of all the localizations and are in the patientâ€™s chart. Her left breast was prepped and draped as a wide sterile field. Her central breast was anesthetized with a 50:50 mixture of 1% lidocaine with 0.5% Marcaine, a superior periareolar incision was made with elliptical excision of the medial skin between the existing scar at 10 oâ€™clock and the true areolar border.
help please!!! also, no mention of any pre-op markers either!!
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join