You didn't say specifically what's been done for this abscess. The usual I&D codes have a 10 day global period. Any routine f/up visits for this abscess within this 10 day period should be coded 99024. Same applies if a major surgery was done that has a 90 day global.
If the f/up office visits are unrelated to the abscess or fall outside the surgery global rules then you will want to add mod -24 to your E&M
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join