New patient vs Established patient

1. Default New patient vs Established patient
    Exam Training Packages
    I code the physican services for our 2 clinics and our hospital. The hospital owns us and we are all under the same tax id number. I have a couple questions the first is. If I have a patient that is seen in the ED by the PAC for ie abdominal pain and is told to follow up in the clinic if the pain continues. Would that patient be new or established when they come in to our clinic and are seen by my MD or a different PAC? Second question my physician delivers baby in the hosp and than the baby comes in for a WCC. Is the baby new or established? My thought is they would be establised due to the face to face care. Is the correct. Last question we have a surgeon under the same tax id number. He hold clinic on Monday and Wednesdays. Surgerys Tuesday and Thursdays. If I have an established patient to our group self refer themselves for his opinion for an EGD... would he/she beconsider new or established. Would his specialty change the rules?
    Thanks
    Nichole

2. Default
    If I have a patient that is seen in the ED by the PAC for ie abdominal pain and is told to follow up in the clinic if the pain continues. Would that patient be new or established when they come in to our clinic and are seen by my MD or a different PAC?

If the patient sees a provider of the same specialty, then patient is EST

Second question my physician delivers baby in the hosp and than the baby comes in for a WCC. Is the baby new or established? My thought is they would be establised due to the face to face care. Is the correct.

Baby is EST

Last question we have a surgeon under the same tax id number. He hold clinic on Monday and Wednesdays. Surgerys Tuesday and Thursdays. If I have an established patient to our group self refer themselves for his opinion for an EGD... would he/she beconsider new or established. Would his specialty change the rules?

If the patient has not been seen in 3 years by the surgeon's specialty, then patient is NEW to that specialty

New patient rule is: “A new patient (99201-99205) is one who has not received any professional services from the physician, or another physician of the same specialty who belongs to the same group practice, within the past three years. An established patient (99211-99215) is one who has received professional services from the physician, or another physician of the same specialty who belongs to the same group practice, within the past three years.”

3. Default
    Thank you!!