AAPC - Back to school

Thread: Coding for Skilled Nursing Facilities (SNF)

Default Coding for Skilled Nursing Facilities (SNF)

AAPC: Back to School
    Does anyone know if there is any documentation out there specifically for Coding in a Skilled Nursing Facility?

York, Pa

Quote Originally Posted by critchie View Post
    Does anyone know if there is any documentation out there specifically for Coding in a Skilled Nursing Facility?
    I would check the cms website they have just about everything listed there.

Good luck
    Roxanne Thames CPC, CPC-I, CEMC

"Remember the greatest gift is not found in the store but in the heart of true friends"

what particular thing are you looking for... I do some nursing home coding...

I'm not looking for anything in particular. I have been doing billing and coding for a nursing facility for 4 years and have been full time for the past year and a half. I am taking classes to become CPC certifide. I am taking the test June 28th. I have seen alot of things for coding for specific specialties but nothing specifically for nursing facilities. I was just wondering if anyone knew if anything existed.

Hi critchie,

Carol Buck pg.65 and 606

What is the name of the book by Carol Buck this information is in?

sorry I dont' think I can help you, because I do the physician part of the skilled nursing home... maybe some info from medicare part A could help you . Since nursing homes tend to deal more with Medicare Part A. I am not sure what state you are from, but here is the website for the medicare for my state

if you go to that i think you will be able to get to the national government services website for medicare.... anyway do a look up for SNF facilites... and maybe they can give you some info.

* sorry if that was not any help *

Louisville, KY

Check out Ingenix, not sure what's there but they do cover some SNF facility publications.

Really, true SNF coding is facility-fee coding (think hospital, ASC, etc). Medicare is a good source for information--look under RUGs, which is the manner in which SNFs are reimbursed.

That is not my specialty, but I've offered what I can.

Good luck to you.
    Kevin B. Shields, RHIT, CPCO, CCS, CPC, COC, CCS-P, CPC-P, CPC-I