346.00 is correct for your basic migraine. Is this one specific payer that is denying as psych? If so, it appears they have a bad edit in their system.
You have 2 choices, call the Payer Rep and have them explain why they are denying a migraine as a psych condition and ask that they fix their edit. Or you can send in the chart note and appeal. If you do the 2nd make sure the note you send in supports the E&M level your billed or they will "correct the E&M level based on documentation"
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join