Are you coding for the facilty or for the physician?
If you;re coding/billing for the physician, you would not code for the IV cause you're using facility supplies and the facility will bill for their supplies and services. You would code only the 99220 OBSV E&M service that your physician provided
If you're coding for the facility...well you will need to get input from someone who codes that side
But in general, if the documentation supports, you need to add mod -25 to the E&M. Documentation must show that there was a significant separate E&M service performed in addition to the CPT service
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join