If the MDA has seen the patient, done the pre-anesthesia work (assessment/exam/etc) and then the surgery is cancelled for whatever reason, the MDA can bill for an inpatient consultation, as long as appropriate documentation supports this. There is no appropriate modifier to be used with the CPT code for the procedure, or the anesthesia CPT (depending on what internal process you and your software use).
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join