Anyone? No bites?
I came across another thread that suggested using 49002- reopening of recent laparotomy. I considered this, it made sense as the 49002 is described in the CDR as a possibility for reopening to "drain post-op infection", then I would consider the wound vac inclusive at that point.
However...there is no actual "re-opening" going on since his abdominal woung is being left open.
I'm thinking out loud here...so any feedback would be appreciated....-52 it? Go unlisted??
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join