Yes, in the procedure report he needs to state something like "right coronary selectively engaged and injected. Left coronary selectively engaged with injection" or he can combine the statement when he does both.
He needs to state what coronary vessel he was in, that he injected and the result of what those injections showed. The interp supports only the 93555-93556 with nothing to support the 93539-93545
I know some feel that "well if he is giving the interp of the injection then he must have done the injection". I don't subscribe to that assumption. And I don't want to argue the point with an external auditor.
Bottom line is the documentation must clearly state and support the services performed, coded and billed
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join