Hi Mary Beth-
We code wound care services at my work. Based on what you have provided I would code this as 459.81, 707.10. With regards to the follow up, you could use 958.8 and the appropriate E codes. We generally use late effects E-codes and since it involved a car the E codes I would use are E9290, E8499. If you feel this will be ongoing wound care be sure to track the measurements of the wound, its appearance, odor, any associate edema, etc. as you move forward with the care. I hope this helps.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join