You arre correct. The 82272 is billed when the card is turned into the lab. This was a big audit issue at a clinic and they failed big time. There are too many reasons that the patient will never return the card. Explain it to them this way.....The 82272 is for the perfomance of the test ...not for handing out the card
Addendum: See your f/up question and my response. Are you using the right code for what you are doing. There is 82270 and 82272
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join