You need to show medical necessity for the monitoring, Swan-Ganz. What is the patient's condition that puts him at risk that the physician feels he needs the intra-op SG monitoring. That's the DX you should be using and not the surgery DX.
The payer wants to know the medical necessity of the SG so you need a DX that supports that. Hopefully the surgeon has documented this in the OP report
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join