A radiologosit should be doing the final read on the CT. See what the final report says.
But regardless, the PA did the face-to-face encounter with the patient independent from the MD, so you code the E&M encounter based on the PA's assessment and findings.
If it turns out the Radiologist's report supports the MD's review, then the PA can make an addendum to her documentation. And whoever sees the patient for f/up will have the PA's addendum and the Radiologist's report to correctly code the f/up encounter
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join