11422 codes deal specifically with the top layer of skin only the dermis, so in your case you would code 26113 or 26116 (depending on the size of the lesion) because the doctor dictated that he went thru the fascia.
BE SURE TO GET THE ACTUAL SIZE OF THE INCISION REQUIRED TO CUT OUT THE LESION. YOU SHOULD NOT GO BY WHAT THE PATH REPORT SAYS BECAUSE TISSUE CAN SHRINK
Hope this helps
caprice -- cpc
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join