Did your physician actually attend the baby during transport? If not you cannot use 99466.
Please read the guidelines in CPT carefully. 2010 CPT Professional edition, page 36, 1st column, second from bottom paragraph, last sentence: If inpatient critical care services are reported in the referring facility prior to transfer to the receiving hospital, use the critical care codes 99291, 99292.
She could still bill for attendance at birth, and resuscitation (if performed).
Hope that helps.
F Tessa Bartels, CPC, CEMC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join