Physician coding/billing must match the patient status reported by the hospital.
If they have the patient as
day 1 outpt/OBSV
day 2 outpt/OBSV
day 3 inpatient
then your E&M codes must reflect these same POS.
The reimbursement for inpatient care vs outpatient care is different for the facility and for your E&M codes. If you report differently from what the hospital has reported, your E&M services will be denied
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join