Assume you coded 11765 (Wedge excision of skin of nail fold (eg, for ingrown toenail) for the May 7 procedure. This code has a 10 day global period so for the return visit you have no global concerns
For the May 28 procedure, what about an I&D procedure? Is that what was done/documented? If so, the digital block would be inclusive. Look at 10060 or 10061 and see if they apply to what was done.
Or you might look at 10180 (Incision and drainage, complex, postoperative wound infection). I am thinking the procedure might not meet "complex" but that depends on the documentation
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join