Hi Trent! CMS has a list of CPT's that they will allow 69990 to be billed with in their Medicare Claims Processing Munual, Internet-Only Manuals (IOM). The coding guildline in my CPT book says, "CMS bundles code 69990 into all other surgical procedures not on this list, and it should not be reported, even if used. Most edits do not allow modifier use." I have this list, it's long, but the codes you have listed above are not on this list. I'm finding that alot of commercial carriers are following Medicare's policy on this. Sorry!
Spent this last long weekend in NOLA and had a fab time!
- ICD-10 Training
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join