you cannot bill for an hour of "intended" administration, only that which was completed. Per AHIMA citing a CMS 2007 transmittal:
Injection versus Infusion
Length of time, calculated by the start and stop times, determines whether a procedure is coded as an infusion or injection. To ensure accurate coding and billing, providers must understand the start and stop documentation requirement. Any infusion less than 15 minutes should be coded as an intravenous push injection.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join