One of the ENT's here in my group do the Balloon Sinuplasty procedure. You would bill the normal FESS codes for the procedures and would receive reimbursement like you normally would. However, the balloon handpiece itself is not reimburseable by insurance. So, if you as a facility, order the balloon for the procedure, it will not be reimbursed by the insurance company. That is how it is here in Northeast Ohio. You also might want to check with your local Acclarent representative. The Doc's in our group don't do many of these procedures due to the handpiece issue. In some cases, the patient might be willing to pay for it, but of course they would need to agree to that before undergoing the procedure.
Hope that helps.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join