This is what i found under CPT assitant
Surgery: Eye and Ocular Adnexa
Can code 65435, Removal of corneal epithelium; with or without chemocauterization (abrasion, curettage), be reported for rust ring removal of cornea when no foreign body is found or removed? Donna Allshire, CPC, CPC-H, CPC-I, CEDC, RCC
No. Since the rust ring is considered foreign to the cornea, the removal is reported either using code 65220, Removal of foreign body, external eye; corneal, without slit lamp, or 65222, Removal of foreign body, external eye; corneal, with slit lamp, as appropriate.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join