Midwife does vaginal delivery in the parking lot. Midwife can code 59409 (vaginal delivery only) for the delivery. Would use POS 99. There is a DX that identifies a birth outside a facility
Facility can not code as nothing was done in their facility
Midwife delivers the placenta after inpatient admit. Midwife can not code 59414 (delivery of placenta only) as this is included in delivery.
Facility codes for services provided after admit
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join