You can't do oncology/rad preventive counseling on a patient that already has a oncology/rad disease or DX
If the encounter is for discussion/counseling rather than eval/treatment, then document time and what was discussed and you can code the encounter based on time
The CC would be something like "pt here to discuss Rad treatment plan"
Time documentation must include total visit time and counseling time. Such as "60 minute visit with 50 minutes counseling"
Must also document "significant detail" to support counseling time claimed
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join