Accutane requires close monitoring and patients must sign a form stating they are not pregnant and don't intend to get pregnant while taking this RX.
If the patient is seeing the Nurse only:
You can code for preg test. Are you saying the nurse does a 81025 with V72.41 in the office. Depending on the nurse documentation could also code the 99211-25 with the 81025
If the nurse is doing the testing as part of the physician visit for him to order or refill the Accutane, then can code for the lab test only. Nurse services would be included in the Physician E&M
Who's doing the drug counseling? If the physician is as part of his visit, then it is included. Depending on time spent counseling and documentation, can code the physician visit based on time
If the counseling is a separate encounter, then look at preventive or risk reduction code of 99401 etc
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join