HPI, ROS and PFSH all make up the History component of the E&M along with exam and MDM
Guidelines for ROS state 10 ROS must be documented to meet a Complete ROS. For an Extended ROS, 2-9 systems must be reviewed
And the review must be made of each individiual system. If found normal the physician can document "negative" or "none noted" etc
If the system idenitifies a problem, then the physician must document detail of the identified problem. In other, words he can not document Respiratory-abnormal he must document what the abnormal finding or problem is such as Respiratory- congested cough
Also, check your Medicare payer (FI) and see what their guidelines are regarding the "all others found negative" statement. There are different views on this between payers
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join