Are you asking about angio during a heart cath on a post-bypass patient.
There are 2 codes for post-bypass patients
93539 areterial conduits (any artery used for the bypass)
The surgeon sometimes has to pull the brachial artery if the IMA is not strong, long enough or diseased.
Also, be sure to code V45.81 (post CABG) as a DX. And if the docuemtnation shows atherosclerosis blockage of the bypass grafts be sure and code 414.02 for the ather of the vein graft and 414.04 for the ather of the artery graft
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join