One of the most important facets of billing is to familiarize yourself with the payers policies and your individual contracts. Set up your shortcuts to their online links and apply for your online access as soon as possible, as you will be using these on a daily basis. Most of the larger payers also allow you to appeal claims online as well. It is also important to create relationships with your payer representatives. This will allow you to run queries on payer denials and handle them as a project rather than individually. You can then submit these to your rep to work for you once you idenitfy an issue which will allow you to recoup under or non payments more quickly and efficiently.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join